the fact that there have no leaked nudes in my dashboard proves that i’m following the right people
It’s not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It’s our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless.
Hey anon, sorry I couldn’t respond to this sooner. I apologize. Thank you for being polite, I will answer your question.
She was a strong independent bisexual disabled woman living in early 20th century Mexico. That shit is powerful.
There were numerous barriers set against her:
Man, my homegurl Frida was tough as nails. When she was in school, the guys respected her as someone with an equal level of intelligence, they honored her opinions (this wasn’t normal), she often dressed in suit and tie and didn’t care that people in her family didn’t like that she did this.
When she was bed ridden, she fell into deep depression because she wanted to study medicine but couldn’t do that due to her situation. This is why she started painting. She wanted to express her emotions, she wanted to be more than people thought she was capable of.
This is when she met Diego Rivera who was a famous muralist at the time. They fell in love and got married, Frida always lived in his shadow. He was scum of the earth, he cheated on her so much that she decided she gave no shits and started having love affairs as well.
She was a key participant in politics. Frida proclaimed for communism. She went on marches even though she had trouble walking. She hid people who were prosecuted for their beliefs in her own home.
Frida Kahlo made the world listen to her. She made an anti-woman, anti-disabled, anti-bisexual world listen to her. She demanded to be paid attention to. Fuck she was beautiful. She will forever be beautiful.
Frida Kahlo is my fucking queen and I would give my fucking life for her.
Just to add a few things to a great post
- In the accident a steel rod went throught her pelvis shattering it which gave her an extremely small chance at ever having children
- She lost 3 children over her life and each time she almost died from blood loss etc but she perserved on and created some of the most powerful works of art I have ever seen.
- Most of the women Diego (the complete prick) cheated on her with she would then take to bed and do a better job of pleasuring them.
- She was never hesitant when tackling a subject, she was honest and brutal she didnt sugar coat things.
- She took part in collaberative exhibitions but she only had one to herself near her time of death and at the time she was bed ridden and told that she couldn’t leave so she had her and her bed taken to the gallery.
My favourite quote from her for me as an artist:
'I am not sick. I am broken. But I am happy as long as I can paint'